Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place (Samuel Babcock)
- (Posted 2016-06-28) CPDL #40184:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-06-28). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 69 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition.
- (Posted 2016-06-28) CPDL #40183:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-06-28). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 3 pages, 106 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). A few notes editorially changed, to avoid dissonances.
Description: Words adapted from the Bible, Psalm 90, King James Version.
Original text and translations
Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth,
or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world,
even from everlasting to everlasting thou art God.
Thou turnest man to destruction,
And sayest, Return, O children of men.
For all our days are passed away;
In thy wrath we spend our years as a tale that is told.
So teach us to number our days,
That we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.