Lo, country sports (Thomas Weelkes)
- (Posted 2012-01-06) CPDL #25289:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-01-06). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 35 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformating, with corrections, of #12265, (which appears to be a reformated copy of 10197). Set for SATB, but the voice range makes it suitable for AATB as well.
- (Posted 2006-08-10) CPDL #12265:
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2006-08-10). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 34 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- (Posted 2005-11-18) CPDL #10197:
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-11-18). Score information: Letter, 4 pages, 47 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Lo, country sports
Composer: Thomas Weelkes
Original text and translations
Lo country sports, that seldom fades,
A garland of the Spring,
A prize for dancing country maids,
With merry pipes we bring.
Then all at once for our town cries,
Pipe on for we will have the prize.