Lewis-Town (William Billings)
- (Posted 2015-12-08) CPDL #37791:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-12-08). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 107 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. One small edit, otherwise as written in 1794.
- (Posted 2015-12-08) CPDL #37790:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-12-08). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 2 pages, 114 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape).
Description: Words from two paraphrases of Psalm 133: Nahum Tate and Nicholas Brady, 1698; and Isaac Watts, 1719 (first version). Billings' first stanza is Tate and Brady's stanza 1; Billings' second stanza is Watts' fourth stanza, slightly modified; Billings' third stanza is Watts' third stanza.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 133.