Languir me fais (Claudin de Sermisy)
- Editor: Bert Schreuder (submitted 2022-05-23). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 164 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: This is sort of an arrangement in three sections of Sermisy’s famous chanson. The first section is the original four-part setting by Sermisy. The second is a three-part setting Clemens made for his Souterliedekens, here underlain with the lyrics of the second verse, requiring some rhythmic adaptations. The third is a six-part setting by Clemens in pervasive imitation style, repeating the lyrics of the first verse. It’s a real treat… The music was transposed up a tone.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-02-11). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 45 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #16212, with 2nd verse underlain.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2008-02-19). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 22 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Dick Wursten (submitted 2005-12-29). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 25 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: original key, only alterations which are in the original
- Editor: Michael Dreschel (submitted 2003-10-23). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 32 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: transposed minor third up, with performance instructions.
First published: 1528 in Chansons nouvelles en musique à quatre parties (Pierre Attaingnant), no. 21
2nd published: 1533 in Libro primo de la serena (Valerio Dorico), Edition 2, no. 18
3rd published: 1562 in Septiesme livre des chansons à quatre parties (Pierre Phalèse), Edition 2
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Languir me fais sans t'avoir offensée.