Judgment (Robert Boyd)
- (Posted 2019-03-31) CPDL #53826:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-03-31). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 47 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note heads converted to oval shapes. Another pair of stanzas included from Watts' paraphrase.
- (Posted 2019-03-31) CPDL #53825:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-03-31). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 48 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Notes in four-shape format, as originally published in 1813-1816. Another pair of stanzas included from Watts' paraphrase.
Description: A folk hymn (Jackson 1952, no. 254). First published in Patterson's Church Music]], 1813; rearranged (as above) by Ananias Davisson, 1816; reprinted in Moore's Columbian Harmony, 1825; rearranged by William Hauser in The Hesperian Harp, 1848. Words by Isaac Watts, 1719, paraphrase of Psalm 139, Part 3, with four stanzas. Boyd used the first two stanzas of Watts' paraphrase in his composition.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 139.