Biography Josiah Street's details all derive from the frontispieces of the two editions of his only printed work, "A Book containing a great variety of anthems", London 1730 and 1746. The book was published without subscribers but the list of booksellers given on the title page indicates Street's audience: in Barnsley, Chesterfield, Halifax, Leeds, Pontefract, Rotherham, Sheffield and Wakefield, or from the publisher in London, or from the author in Almonbury (1730) or Skipton (1746).
View the Wikipedia article on Josiah Street.
List of choral works
- Behold, I bring you glad tidings
- Hear my prayer, O Lord
- In thee, O Lord, will I put my trust
- Lord, who shall dwell in thy tabernacle?
- Sing we merrily unto God
- The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble
- The Lord is righteous in all his ways
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here