Jesu, the very thought is sweet (Charles Wood)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2014-08-15). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 66 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the Church Anthem book of the Church of Scotland (OUP, 1933).
- Editor: Denis Mason (submitted 2002-01-14). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 125 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: arr. Men's voices (ATTB) by D G Mason.
- Editor: Denis Mason (submitted 2002-01-14). Score information: A4, 2 pages, 124 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: original SATB version.
Original text and translations
Jesu! the very thought is sweet;
In that dear name all heart-joys meet;
No word is sung more sweet than this,
No sound is heard more full of bliss,
Than Jesus, Jesus, Son of God most high.
St Bernard of Clairvaux (1091-1153)
translated by J M Neale