James W. Keefe
Born: 23 October 1931, Los Angeles, California
James W. Keefe is an educational writer and consultant. He holds a doctorate in Secondary Education (Curriculum, Research, Music Education, 1973) from the University of Southern California and undergraduate degrees in philosophy and music. His professional experience includes junior high, senior high, and university teaching, and secondary school administration.
He was a choral music teacher, high school assistant principal and principal in Downey, California. He taught at the University of Southern California and Loyola Marymount University, both in Los Angeles. He is also the former Director of Research for the National Association of Secondary School Principals, in Reston, Virginia, near Washington, D.C.
He has conducted high school and college choruses as well as church and boys’ choirs. He sang with and directed a madrigal singers group in Reston (Musica Concordia). He also sang with VOCE, a chamber ensemble based in Reston, and the Reston Chorale, a community chorus. He is a current member of the Reston Chorale in which he sings tenor and arranges some of the music for the group.
Dr. Keefe is the author of more than 60 books, articles and assessment tools as well as numerous choral music arrangements.
List of choral works
- A child is born
- Children, go where I send thee (Traditional)
- Christus Natus Est - A Medley of Medieval Carols
- Gitanita (Traditional)
- Jingle Bells (James Pierpont)
- The Lord's Prayer
- Medley of early carols
- Medley of familiar carols
- Medley of Gaelic carols
- Medley of Renaissance carols
- Passing by (Edward Cockram Purcell)
- Patapan (Bernard de la Monnoye)
- Resurrection Anthem
- Shepherds in the fields abiding (Joseph Edmund Mills)
- Toyland (Victor Herbert)
- Up on the housetop (Benjamin Hanby)
- The virgin Mary had a baby boy (Traditional)
- Die Weihnachtsnachtigall (Traditional)
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here