J. Varley Roberts
|This composer is out of copyright but editions of their works have yet to be contributed to CPDL.|
You may be able to buy scores from Sheet Music Plus, which provides CPDL up to 8% of every sale we refer. This helps with the costs of running CPDL's web site.
J. Varley Roberts was Halifax Parish Church Organist and Director of the Choir of Magdalen College, Oxford 1882-1919.
View the Wikipedia article on J. Varley Roberts.
List of choral works
- Seek ye the Lord
- The Lord, your God, is gracious
- The Passion: a meditation on the sufferings of Christ (Novello, 1902) is scored for two solo voices (tenor and bass) and chorus SATB with hymns to be sung by the choir and congregation.
- Lord, as to thy dear cross we flee (tune: Dundee)
- Behold him in Gethsemane
- Ride on, ride on in majest
- When I survey the wondrous cross (tune: Rockingham)
- O wondrous work of God
- O thou, from whom all goodness flows (tune: Windsor)
- Jesu, lover of my soul
- If I should e'er forsake thee (tune: Chorale Bach St Matthew Passion)
- O Lord, thy love's unbounded (tune: as above)
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
add web links here