Il primo libro delle muse a quattro voci (Antonio Barré)
Title: Primo libro delle muse a quattro voci
- Barré edition: Primo libro delle muse a quattro voci madrigali ariosi di Ant. Barré et altri diversi autori, nuovamente stampati.
- Gardano edition: Madregali ariosi a quatro voci composti, da diuersi eccellentissimi Autori, Et per Antonio Gardano Nouamente Con somma diligentia stampati. Libro primo delle Muse.
Genre, Subgenre: Secular, Madrigals. Language: Italian, 4 voices.
- 1 – Published 1555 – in Rome by Antonio Barré - 22 madrigals
- 2 – Published 1557 – in Venice by Antonio Gardano - 29 chansons
Description: This collection contains twenty-one four-part madrigals by Italian and Franco-Flemish composers. It was reprinted in 1557 by Antonio Gardano, who dropped two works by Antonio Barré and added nine new works by various composers. Gardano reprinted his edition in 1559, 1565, and 1569, and it was reprinted by his son, Angelo, in 1578 and 1582. It was also reprinted by Girolamo Scotto in 1558, Rampazetto in 1562, and Vincenti and Amadino in 1584.
- Bologna International Museum and Library of Music - 1557 edition: Cantus, Tenor, and Bassus only
- Royal Holloway Repository - 1558 edition: Cantus, Tenor, and Bassus only
- Royal Holloway Repository - 1565 edition: all four parts
- Bologna International Museum and Library of Music - 1569 edition: Tenor only
- Bologna International Museum and Library of Music - 1582 edition: Canto and Tenore only
- Bologna International Museum and Library of Music - 1584 edition: Tenore and Basso only
- RISM 155527
- RISM 155717
- RISM 155812
- RISM 155918
- RISM 156510
- RISM 156921
- RISM 157820
- RISM 15827
- RISM 15846
List of works
Works at CPDL
Edition 1 (1555)
|Fedel qual sempre fui||Ghiselin Danckerts||1555||4||Madrigals||SATB|
|Occhi leggiadri||Bernardino Lupacchino||1555||14||Madrigals||ATTB|
Edition 2 (1557)
|L'aer gravato||Jacques Arcadelt||1557||2||Madrigals||SATB|