I saw a maiden (Edgar Pettman)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2017-11-26). Score information: A4, 1 page, 46 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- Editor: Ian Haslam (submitted 2015-12-18). Score information: A4, 1 page, 31 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: SATB version.
- Editor: Ted Dean (submitted 2003-12-04). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 41 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: SAB version
- Editor: Andrew Crookall (submitted 2003-11-27). Score information: A4, 1 page, 42 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Sibelius file retrieved through http://archive.org.
Title: I saw a maiden
Composer: Edgar Pettman
Description: Originally published by H. Freeman & Co
Original text and translations
1 I saw a maiden sitten and sing:
She lulled a child, a sweete Lording.
Lullay, lullay, my dear son, my sweeting.
Lullay, lullay, my dear heart, my own dear darling.
2 This very Lord he made alle thing:
Of lordes the Lord, of kinges the King.
3 There was mickle melody at that childes birth:
And all in heaven's bliss, they made mickle mirth.
4 Angels sang that night and saiden to that child:
Now blest be thou and she, both meek and mild.
5 Pray we to that child and to His mother dear,
His blessing to them that maken now cheer.