Honor, virtus et potestas (Thomas Tallis)
- (Posted 2022-01-25) CPDL #67753: Transposed down a fifth for STTBarB in order to compensate for the high clefs:
- (Posted 2022-01-25) CPDL #67752: Transposed down a minor third for modern SAATB choirs:
- Editor: Jason Smart (submitted 2022-01-25). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 178 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: Edited from the Tallis/Byrd Cantiones Sacrae of 1575 with plainsong added from the printed Sarum antiphonal of 1520. Original note values retained.
- Editor: Allen Garvin (submitted 2021-12-16). Score information: Letter, 3 pages, 72 kB Copyright: CC BY NC
- Edition notes:
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2008-04-22). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 127 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised 23.04.08 - thanks once again to Mick Swithinbank for proofreading.
Title: Honor, virtus et potestas
Composer: Thomas Tallis
- Performance by the Taverner Choir, directed by Andrew Parrott: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgQq3kY-RWg
Original text and translations
| Latin text
Honor, virtus et potestas et imperium sit trinitati in unitate,
Honour, strength and might and power be to the Three in One,