Hodie Christus natus est, SWV 456 (Heinrich Schütz)
- (Posted 2021-12-26) CPDL #67229:
- • Full score: Score information: A4, 16 pages, 385 kB
- • Basso Continuo: Score information: A4, 2 pages, 53 kB
- Editor: Gerd Eichler (submitted 2021-12-26). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from original manuscript, Mensurstrich layout, original key signature and note values, clefs modernized, musica ficta clearly marked.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2015-06-14). Score information: A4, 16 pages, 361 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Clefs modernised. Musica ficta in source absorbed into staves. Other musica ficta are editorial. Time signature changed from 4/2 to 2/2. Source may be found at IMSLP. Revised files uploaded 26/12/21.
Title: Hodie Christus natus est, SWV 456
Composer: Heinrich Schütz
Number of voices: 6vv Voicing: SSATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet
Instruments: Basso continuo
First published: 1893 in Heinrich Schütz: Sämtliche Werke, Volume 14, no. 8
2nd published: 2008 in Neue Schütz-Ausgabe, Volume 33, no. 5
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Hodie Christus natus est.