Herr, wir trau'n auf deine Güte, Op. 96, No. 3 (Felix Mendelssohn)
- (Posted 2009-03-09) CPDL #19021:
- Con moto e vivace: Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 160 kB
- Fuga: Score information: Letter, 10 pages, 186 kB
Vocal Score with organ reduction:
- (Posted 2009-07-21) CPDL #19821:
- Con moto e vivace: Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 260 kB
- Fuga: Score information: Letter, 8 pages, 266 kB
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2009-07-21). Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The full orchestra scoring and parts are available by request to the editor. When using the organ reduction kindly acknowledge the editor in written programs.
First published: 1843
Description: Mendelssohn originally composed Op. 96 for choir and organ in 1840, but at the request, through letters, of Moscheles, Mendelssohn orchestrated the 3 sacred pieces and added a fugue. It was not published in this version in Mendelssohn's lifetime, but its date of completion is given as 1843.
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
Original text and translations
Herr, wir trau'n auf deine Güte,
(singing trans, 19th c.)