Grant, we beseech thee (John Okeover)
- (Posted 2018-04-22) CPDL #49419:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2018-04-22). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 82 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition at the original pitch. Okeover's style in this piece exhibits a wide range of keys (and a love of false relations); a style directly paralleled in his Phantasia in A minor II available in the instrumental section of the notAmos web-site. In this situation, the editorial choice of key signature is moot.
- (Posted 2017-11-23) CPDL #47684:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2017-11-23). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 99 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A bar-less edition of the anthem.
Title: Grant, we beseech thee
Composer: John Okeover
Description: A setting of the collect for the twenty-first Sunday after Trinity, from the BCP, 1559.
External websites: http://www.embassysingers.de
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Grant, we beseech thee.