Goshen (Stephen Jenks)
- (Posted 2016-04-01) CPDL #39159:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-04-01). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 71 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Oval note edition. A few minor edits, otherwise as written in 1804. The three remaining stanzas of Watts' paraphrase included.
- (Posted 2016-04-01) CPDL #39158:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2016-04-01). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 78 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). The three remaining stanzas from Watts' paraphrase included.
- (Posted 2011-05-06) CPDL #23483:
- Editor: Tim Risher (submitted 2011-05-06). Score information: Letter, 2 pages, 74 kB Copyright: CC BY NC ND
- Edition notes: The unusual sounding notes are correct - ie, m2, the C-G-F-C chord. The original is in e minor.
Description: Words by Isaac Watts, paraphrase of Psalm 51, Part 1, in six stanzas; Jenks used the third stanza in his composition. Early American music; although not shapenote, his music appears in many later shapenote books.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 51.