Dulcis mater, dulci nato (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- CPDL #62238: (Posted 2021-01-04)
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2021-01-04). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 437 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a whole tone lower (for SSATBB), otherwise identical to CPDL #55250 below.
- (Posted 2019-09-03) CPDL #55250:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-09-03). Score information: A4, 17 pages, 434 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for SSATBB, SSATBarB or SSATTB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the only surviving source, various errors in which are identified and corrected in this edition. Revised edition uploaded 04 January 2021.
Title: Dulcis mater, dulci nato (2.p. Inclina, mater misericordiae)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
First published: 1554 in Susato, Liber tertius cantionum sacrarum...quinque et sex vocum..., no. 14
Original text and translations
Dulcis mater, dulci [g]nato
Sweet mother, offering to the sweet child