Dona nobis pacem, BWV 849 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Posted 2004-01-14) CPDL #06470:
- Editor: Glen Thompson (submitted 2004-01-14). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 248 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: vocal arrangement by Glen Thompson of 'Prelude in C# minor, BWV 849'. Transposed down a half step.
- (Posted 2004-01-09) CPDL #06439:
- Editor: Glen Thompson (submitted 2004-01-09). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 248 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: vocal arrangement by Glen Thompson of 'Prelude in C# minor, BWV 849'. I hope this is a worthy arrangement of Bach's lovely, intense prelude for keyboard. It requires two sopranos and a mezzo-soprano or alto and is quite demanding both physically and musically. The simple repetition of the words "Dona Nobis Pacem" is intended to be a strong plea for peace, that is peace in any sense that one may wish for. My inspiration for it came as a result of the death of my baby daughter and in fact many of my creative musical endeavours have been around August, on the anniversary of her death.
Description: A sensitive arrangement of this Bach keyboard prelude for 3 voices to the words "Dona nobis pacem".
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Dona nobis pacem.