Aliases: Finot, Domenico Finotto
Born: c. 1510
Died: c. 1556
Biography Phinot was employed in Urbino in 1544, 1545 and again in 1555, but published in Lyons with dedications to local citizens. Girolomo Cardano use the epithet Gallus, confirming Pinot's French origin, and records that he was executed for homosexuality.
View the Wikipedia article on Dominique Phinot.
List of choral works
- Lynote a 4vv
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Premier livre contenant trente et sept chansons (Lyons, 1548)
- Second livre contenant vingt et six chansons (Lyons, 1548)
- Liber primus motetarum quinque vocum (Lyons, 1547)
- Liber secundus motetarum sex, septem et octo vocum (Lyons, 1548)
- Liber secundus motetarum quinque vocum (Pesaro, 1554)
- I sacri et santi salmi de David profeta, 4vv (Venice, 1554)