Die now, my heart (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2010-01-15). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 96 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A keyboard reduction of the vocal parts has been added for practice purposes. Revised files uploaded 06/02/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 47 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Vince M. Brennan (submitted 2005-12-02).
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: Letter, 6 pages Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Copyright (c) 2004 by V. M. Brennan
Title: Die now, my heart
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Die now, my heart from thy delight exiled:
thy love is dead and all our hope beguiled.
O Death, unkind and cruel,
to rob the world so of that her fairest jewel.
Now shoot at me, now shoot and spare not,
kill me I care not.
Think not, O Death, alas thy dart shall pain me;
why shouldst thou here against my will retain me?
O hear a doleful wretches crying,
or I die, I die for want of dying.