Congratulamini mihi — Et beatam me dicent (Pierre de Manchicourt)
- (Posted 2020-11-22) CPDL #61619:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-11-22). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 409 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a whole tone lower (for SAATB), otherwise identical to CPDL #55688 below.
- (Posted 2019-10-21) CPDL #55688:
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2019-10-21). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 403 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for SAATB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the only surviving source, listed below. Revised edition uploaded 23 November 2020.
Title: Congratulamini mihi (2.p. Et beatam me dicent)
Composer: Pierre de Manchicourt
First published: 1554 in Phalèse, Cantionum sacrarum liber 5 (Pierre de Manchicourt), no. 6
Description: Manchicourt composed two five-voice motets entitled Congratulamini mihi: his other setting, published in 1539, is a responsory for Eastertide that shares only the opening line of the text with this work.
Original text and translations
Congratulámini mihi omnes qui dilígitis Dóminum,
Rejoice with me, all ye that love the Lord,
Original text and translations may be found at Congratulamini mihi.