Clapboardtree Grove (Daniel Belknap)
- (Posted 2015-11-23) CPDL #37633:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-11-23). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 83 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition, as written in 1797.
- (Posted 2015-11-23) CPDL #37632:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2015-11-23). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 83 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape).
Description: Words by an unknown author. Clapboardtree Grove was a forest about 2½ miles southwest of Dedham. It is now represented by Clapboardtree Street in the town of Westwood. There would have been a small clapboard (house siding) mill there in 1797.
Original text and translations
The gentle breeze which through the grove
Does pleasing pleasure bring;
And birds that set upon the trees
With cheerful echoes sing.
Let us that dwell around it here
Bless and adore our God,
He orders all things by his word,
So let us praise the Lord.