Cease mine eyes (Thomas Morley)
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2012-04-06). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 55 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Reformatting of #14945, with minor corrections. Revised files uploaded 28/01/17.
- Editor: Brian Russell (submitted 2007-09-11). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 39 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: NoteWorthy Composer file may be viewed and printed with NoteWorthy Composer Viewer.
- Editor: Laura Conrad (submitted 2000-03-14). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 62 kB Copyright: GnuGPL
- Edition notes: In partbook format
Title: Cease mine eyes
Composer: Thomas Morley
Original text and translations
Cease mine eyes, cease your lamenting,
O cease, alas, this your lamenting.
In vaine you hope of her hard heart's relenting.
O cease your flowing:
drop not so fast, O where no grace is growing.
See she laughs, she smiles, she plays with joy and gladness;
To see your grief and sadness.
O Love, thou art abused;
Was never true love so scornfully thus used.