Benedicam Dominum in omni tempore, SWV 267 (Heinrich Schütz)
- (Posted 2015-06-10) CPDL #35704:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2015-06-10). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 105 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Clefs modernised. Time signature changed from 4/2 to 2/2. Source may be found at IMSLP.
- (Posted 2013-02-24) CPDL #28397:
- Editor: Jochen Schnapka (submitted 2013-02-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 135 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: full score in modern clefs. bass figures based on IMSLP edition.
all flats (♭s) following sharps (♯s) have been changed to naturals (♮) to meet modern conventions (as a flat also meant to cancel a sharp at that time).
First published: 1629 in Symphoniae sacrae I, Op. 6, no. 11
2nd published: 1887 in Heinrich Schütz: Sämtliche Werke, Volume 5, no. 11
3rd published: 1965 in Neue Schütz-Ausgabe, Volume 14, no. 1
Description: 1st part; 2nd part is Exquisivi Dominum.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 34.