Beati omnes (Nicolas Gombert)
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-08-09). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 412 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a whole tone lower (for SATTB or SATBarB), otherwise identical to CPDL #58524 below. Revised edition uploaded 28 September 2020.
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2020-05-11). Score information: A4, 12 pages, 405 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Complete edition, including secunda pars. At original notated pitch (for SATTB). Original note values retained. Transcribed and edited from the four published sources listed below. Revised edition uploaded 28 September 2020.
- Editor: Lewis Jones (submitted 2010-06-05). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 83 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Edited from facsimile. Down a fourth according to chiavette transposition.
First published: 1532 in Moderne, Secundus liber (5vv) [Lyon] (RISM 1532/9), no. 16
2nd published: 1539 in Gardano, Secundus liber (5vv). Fior di mottetti ... [Venice] (RISM 1539/6), no. 16
3rd published: 1542 in Petreius, Tomus tertius psalmorum selectorum (4, 5 & plurium vv) [Nürnberg] (RISM 1542/6), no. 27
4th published: 1554 in Phalèse, Liber secundus cantionum sacrarum (5 & 6 vv) [Leuven] (RISM 1554/2), no. 4
Description: Gombert's setting of Psalm 127 (Vulgate) survives in at least four printed sources from across Europe, a mark of its evident popularity in its day. It is the model for one of his parody mass settings.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Psalm 128.