Beata viscera (William Byrd)
- Editor: Chris Pilgrim (submitted 2018-09-22). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 54 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Down a third from original pitch for Men's Voices performance. AATBB.
- Editor: Lewis Jones (submitted 2010-10-28). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 37 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Down a perfect fourth according to chiavette
- Editor: David Fraser (submitted 2002-12-09). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 109 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Revised 10/08.
Title: Beata viscera
Composer: William Byrd
First published: 1605 in Gradualia I, no. 11
2nd published: 1980 in The Chester Book of Motets, Book 12, no. 5
Description: Communion motet for the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and also for Votive Mass for the Blessed Virgin from Christmas to Advent. Could also be used as the first part of the 7th Responsory at Matins of the Nativity.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Beata viscera.