Awake up, my glory (Joseph Barnby)
- (Posted 2018-10-23) CPDL #51561:
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2018-10-23). Score information: A4, 9 pages, 124 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from the Novello edition.
- (Posted 2013-12-10) CPDL #30749:
- Contributor: Mark Mager (submitted 2013-12-10). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 8.98 MB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Scanned score
Title: Awake Up, My Glory
Composer: Joseph Barnby
Original text and translations
Awake up, my glory; awake, lute and harp:
I myself will awake right early.
This is the day which the Lord hath made;
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
For now is Christ risen from the dead,
the first-fruits of them that slept.
Christ risen from the dead, thanks be to God
which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
All praise be Thine, O risen Lord,
from death to endless life
all praise to God the Father be,
and Holy Ghost eternally.