Ave Maria, Op. 12 (Johannes Brahms)
- (Posted 2016-04-24) CPDL #39402:
- Editor: Alexander Reuter (submitted 2016-04-24). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 166 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Version with Organ
- (Posted 2016-02-26) CPDL #38693:
- Editor: Alexander Reuter (submitted 2016-02-26). Score information: A4, 13 pages, 291 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Version with Orchestra
- (Posted 2016-01-07) CPDL #38084:
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2016-01-07). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 518 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Scanned score from IMSLP
- (Posted 2009-12-23) CPDL #20590:
- Editor: Fernando Gómez Jácome (submitted 2009-12-06). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 110 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
- (Posted 2009-01-30) CPDL #18850:
- Editor: Paul R. Marchesano (submitted 2009-01-30). Score information: Letter, 6 pages, 297 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Extracted parts and individual midi files available upon request to the editor. The error in Alto 1 mm 49-50 has been corrected, error description now moved to discussion page. New files have been uploaded.
Title: Ave Maria
Composer: Johannes Brahms
First published: 1858
Description: Brahms' first choral work. Originally written for organ, the composer later arranged it with orchestra accompaniment.
- autograph & first edition at IMSLP
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Ave Maria. Brahms' version is abbreviated, ending "…Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis."