Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (Michael Praetorius)
- (Posted 2020-09-13) CPDL #60548:
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2020-09-13). Score information: A4, 11 pages, 124 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download.
- (Posted 2005-11-18) CPDL #10189: (Capella)
- Editor: Ulrich Alpers (submitted 2005-11-18). Score information: A4, 14 pages, 100 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes:
Title: Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir
Composer: Michael Praetorius
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Aus tiefer Not.
Out of the depths I cry to Thee;
Lord, hear me, I implore Thee!
Bend down Thy gracious ear to me;
I lay my sins before Thee.
If Thou rememberest each misdeed,
If each should have its rightful meed,
Who may abide Thy presence?
Thou grantest pardon through Thy love;
Thy grace alone availeth;
Our works could ne’er our guilt remove;
Yea, e’en the best life faileth.
For none may boast himself of aught,
But must confess Thy grace hath wrought
Whate’er in him is worthy.
And thus my hope is in the Lord,
And not in my own merit;
I rest upon His faithful Word
To them of contrite spirit.
That He is merciful and just,
Here is my comfort and my trust;
His help I wait with patience