Audi dulcis amica mea (Orlando di Lasso)
- (Posted 2020-03-18) CPDL #57574:
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2020-03-18). Score information: A4, 4 pages, 97 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from 1555 print. Original key (high chiavette) and note values.
- (Posted 2013-10-28) CPDL #30442: (Finale 2008)
- Editor: André Vierendeels (submitted 2013-10-28). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 128 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes:
Title: Audi dulcis amica mea
Composer: Orlando di Lasso
Description: The text is conflated from verses from the Song of Songs (1:5, 2:4, 4:7). At the text "Nigra es sed formosa" (You are black but beautiful) the notation is in black notes. This may only be a visual "clue" to the singers, and does not necessarily mean a change of tempo. (I.e. the minim of the tempus imperfectum diminutum is probably equal to the semibreve of the black notes.) The 1568 edition, the 1579 edition and the edition in Magnum Opus Musicum is virtually identical with the 1555 print, there are only a handful differences in accidental placement, the most significant is the sharp sign before the B flat in the Superius right after the black notes in the 1579 edition of Selectissimae cantiones and in Magnum Opus Musicum (the 1555 and 1568 editions have no sharp sign here), so they indicate here a major chord as a cadence instead of a minor chord.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Audi dulcis amica mea.