Arnon (Timothy Swan)
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-01-09). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 77 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Oval note edition.
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2017-01-09). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 68 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Note shapes added (4-shape). All six stanzas of Steele's poem included, renumbered to follow Swan's choice of text.
First published: 1801 in Swan's New England Harmony, p. 12
Description: Words by Anne Steele, 1760, poem entitled The Goodness of God, with six stanzas. Swan used the sixth stanza of Steele's poem in his composition.
Original text and translations
1. Ye humble souls, approach your God
3. He gave his son, his only son,
5. Thy eye beholds, with kind regard.