- (Posted 2022-10-13) CPDL #71146:
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2022-10-13). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 228 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch for A.A.T.T.B.
- (Posted 2022-10-13) CPDL #71145:
- Editor: Simon Biazeck (submitted 2022-10-13). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 231 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transposed up a minor third for S.S.A.T.B.
- (Posted 2018-04-24) CPDL #49434:
- Editor: Mick Swithinbank (submitted 2018-04-24). Score information: A4, 15 pages, 103 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Original pitch and note values, modern clefs.
Title: Amen amen dico vobis, nisi maducaveris
Composer: Jean Guyot
Number of voices: 5vv Voicings: AATTB, SSATB or SATTB
Genre: Sacred, Motet, Gospel motet, Eucharistic song
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1546 in Sacrarum cantionum, liber 1, no. 4
Description: Subtitled 'De venerabili Sacramento' (also apt for OT20/Proper 15)
Original text and translations
Amen, amen dico vobis:
Nisi manducaveritis carnem filii hominis
et biberitis eius sanguinem,
non habebitis vitam in vobis,
Qui manducat meam carnem et bibit meum sanguinem,
in me manet, et ego in eo.
et eo resuscitabo eum in novissimo die,
Truly, truly, I say unto you:
Unless you eat the flesh of the son of man,
and drink his blood,
you will have no life in you,
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood,
abides in me and I in him.
and I will raise him up at the last day,
Compare Verily, verily I say unto you (Thomas Tallis) and
Qui manducat meam carnem for 2nda parte