Alleluia, alleluia (William Penfro Rowlands)
- (Posted 2021-01-16) CPDL #62391:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2021-01-16). Score information: A4, 1 page, 58 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn with four-part harmony and underlaid words to the alternative tune Blaenwern in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard
- (Posted 2021-01-16) CPDL #62390:
- Editor: Andrew Sims (submitted 2021-01-16). Score information: A4, 1 page, 131 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: The hymn to the alternative tune Blaenwern in the version published in Hymns Ancient & Modern New Standard, melody with words.
External websites: https://embassysingers.de/scores/hymns.html
Original text and translations
hearts to heaven and voices raise;
sing to God a hymn of gladness,
sing to God a hymn of praise:
he who on the Cross a victim
for the world’s salvation bled,
Jesus Christ, the King of Glory,
now is risen from the dead.
Christ is risen, Christ the first-fruits
of the holy harvest field,
which will all its full abundance
at his second coming yield;
then the golden ears of harvest
will their heads before him wave,
ripened by his glorious sunshine,
from the furrows of the grave.
Christ is risen, we are risen;
shed upon us heavenly grace,
rain, and dew, and gleams of glory
from the brightness of thy face;
that we, with our hearts in heaven,
here on earth may fruitful be,
and by angel-hands be gathered,
and be ever, Lord, with thee.
glory be to God on high;
Alleluia to the Saviour,
who has gained the victory;
Alleluia to the Spirit,
fount of love and sanctity;
to the Triune Majesty.