Albion (Robert Boyd)
- (Posted 2019-01-05) CPDL #52821:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-01-05). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 54 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Notes converted to oval shapes. All ten stanzas of Watts' hymn included.
- (Posted 2019-01-05) CPDL #52819:
- Editor: Barry Johnston (submitted 2019-01-05). Score information: 7 x 10 inches (landscape), 1 page, 42 kB Copyright: Public Domain
- Edition notes: Notes in four-shape format, as originally published in 1816 and many times afterward. All ten stanzas of Watts' hymn included.
Description: This tune was reprinted (sometimes slightly revised) in many music books following that, including a three-part version in Southern Harmony (1835), p. 23. It appeared in The Sacred Harp, p. 52 from 1844 to the present, for four parts. Almost all the prints of this tune are in four-shape format.
Words by Isaac Watts, 1709, from Hymns and Spiritual Songs, Hymn 30 of Book 2, with ten stanzas. In the original, the words to the first two lines have been altered from the original "Come, we that love the Lord, and let our joys be known."
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at Come, we that love the Lord.