Ach Herr, mich armen Sünder, BWV 135 (Johann Sebastian Bach)
- (Posted 2017-04-23) CPDL #44187:
- Contributor: Paolo Pandolfo (submitted 2017-04-23). Score information: A4, 20 pages, 1000 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: A scan of the piano-vocal score by Berhard Todt.
1. Chorus: Ach Herr, mich armen Sünder
- Tune by Hans Leo Hassler, 1601. See Herzlich thut mich verlangen (Johann Sebastian Bach) for other arrangements and languages for this tune.
Title: Ach Herr, mich armen Sünder, BWV 135
Composer: Johann Sebastian Bach
Description: First performed 25 June 1724, the Third Sunday after Trinity (in the Roman calendars Luke 15 is read on Pentecost III/OT 24C). The brass instruments play colla parte the Passion Choral with, respectively, the soprano (final chorale) and the bass (1st movement).
- Ach Herr, mich armen Sünder at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
View the Wikipedia article on BWV 135.
- Bach-cantatas site, with links to libretto and translations.
Original text and translations
Visit the external website(s) listed above for the original text and/or translations.