A Belman's Song (Thomas Ravenscroft)
- (Posted 2014-05-13) CPDL #31992:
- Editor: Andreas Stenberg (submitted 2014-05-13). Score information: A4, 1 page, 135 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Error noted: tenor's last note in bar 3 should presumably be C rather than B. (The editor, Andreas Stenberg, is uncontactable because his email address has apparently lapsed.) - Mick Swithinbank
- (Posted 1999-05-20) CPDL #00363:
- Editor: Christian Mondrup (submitted 1999-05-20). Score information: A4, 1 page, 60 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Scroll down to 13. A Belmans Song.
Title: A Belman's Song
Composer: Thomas Ravenscroft
First published: 1611 in Melismata, no. 13
Original text and translations
Maides to bed, and couer coale,
Let the Mouse Out of her hole.
Crickets in the Chimney sing,
Whil'st the little Bell doth ring.
If fast asleepe, who can tell
When the Clapper hits the Bell.