Zefiro torna e di soavi accenti (Claudio Monteverdi)
- Editor: Peter Rottländer (submitted 2013-08-23). Score information: A4, 7 pages, 172 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Basso Continuo: Score information: A4, 2 pages, 54 kB
- Edition notes: uses 1651 version as source, compared to 1632.
- Editor: Pierre Gouin (submitted 2006-06-15). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 177 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: uses 1632 version as source.
- Editor: Gordon J. Callon (submitted 1999-11-12). Score information: Letter, 7 pages, 464 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: uses 1651 version as source.
Title: Zefiro torna e di soavi accenti
Composer: Claudio Monteverdi
Lyricist: Ottavio Rinuccini
Number of voices: 2vv Voicing: Soprano and Tenor duet, or Tenor duet
Genre: Secular, Madrigal
Instruments: Basso continuo
First published: 1632 in Scherzi musicali cioè arie et madrigali (Claudio Monteverdi), no. 7
2nd published: 1651 in Madrigali e canzonette libro nono (Claudio Monteverdi), no. 2
Description: Differences of both versions are of minor practical relevance: There are some differences in accidentals which mostly should have been added anyway, and have been added in manuscript to the 1632 copy at Wroclaw University library.
- Free choir training aids for this work are available at Choralia.
Original text and translations
| Italian text
Zefiro torna e di soavi accenti
Letní vánky se vrací a se sladkými poryvy
- Peter Rottländer editions
- Pierre Gouin editions
- Gordon J. Callon editions
- Claudio Monteverdi compositions
- Solo ST
- Solo TT
- Secular music
- Works in Italian
- Basso continuo
- 1632 works
- 1651 works
- Works with training aids
- Works with training aids at Choralia
- Italian texts
- Czech translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music