Country of origin: Texas, US
Contributor since: 2012-12-22
Works with editions by this editor: 971 (see list)
Translations by this editor:
- Caro dolce ben mio (Andrea Gabrieli)
- Caro dolce ben mio perche fuggire (Giovanni Bernardino Nanino)
- Clorinda hai vinto (Orazio Vecchi)
- Dolcissimo ben mio, speme di questo core
- Fuggi, fuggi, cor mio (Adrian Willaert)
- Fuggi, speme mia, fuggi (Luca Marenzio)
- Liquide perle (Luca Marenzio)
- Lunge da voi mia vita (Luca Marenzio)
- Madonna poi ch'uccider mi volete (Luca Marenzio)
- Neve e Rose ha nel volto (Andrea Gabrieli)
- Non è lasso martire (Cipriano de Rore)
- Or ch'a noi torna la stagion novella (Andrea Gabrieli)
- Scaldava il sol di mezzo giorno l'arco (Luca Marenzio)
- Se la mia fiamma ardente (Luca Marenzio)
- Se quel dolor (Luca Marenzio)
- Togli dolce ben mio (Luca Marenzio)
- Vieni Flora gentil (Andrea Gabrieli)
- Voi mi ponest' in foco (Jacques Arcadelt)
- Allen Garvin
- Hawthorne Early Music
- 3933 Hawthorne Ave
- Dallas, TX 75219
BS in Math, BA in History, graduate work in math that was never completed.
I'm a Unix engineer, currently at Cisco in the mobile packet core space, who loves early music. I only sing on occasion, with my primary musical outlet being the viol. And part of my aim in typesetting music is to provide repertoire for viol players, especially the very rich 16th century vocal repertoire which is rarely available in part form that's friendly for instrumentalists. All the scores I have uploaded here are available in part form on IMSLP or http://dfwviols.com.
I only set music from original notation, and typically maintain the original note values and pitches, but if anyone needs a transposition, just email me. At some point I may write scripts to allow people to transpose arbitrarily, which will be at dfwviols.com. If I can find the time and inspiration.
I also take requests on occasion, provided I have a source. Here's a list of facsimiles I have, in digital form (I also own lots of physical ones): http://dfwviols.com/facsimiles.txt
Let me know if you'd like a copy of any of the above. I like to get these out, and sometimes give away portal HDs containing them. Current size is 300G total.
2020 note: I've spent the past ten months doing a deep dive into learning Italian, and have started translating pieces I've set in the past. Let me know if I made any howling mistakes!