Psalm 130 (Thurlow Weed)
- Editor: Thurlow Weed (submitted 2017-01-11). Score information: Letter, 1 page, 23 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes:
First published: 2013
Original text and translations
1. Out of the depths we call to you,
Lord, hear our voices, heed our prayer;
Look with compassion on our plea,
Weigh our petition, Lord, with care.
2. For if you note each sinful deed,
Lord, who could stand when you appeared?
With you forgiveness will be found,
And therefore, Lord, you shall be feared.
3. More certainly than watchmen wait
To see the daylight first appear,
Do our souls wait upon the Lord;
We wait and trust in holy fear.
4. O Israel, wait upon the Lord,
For with the Lord is mercy found;
Who pardons us from all our sin,
In whom true liberty abounds.
Text: Paraphrase by Christopher L. Webber
from A New Metrical Psalter: Revised Common Lectionary Edition
© 2008 Christopher L. Webber, Church Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved. Used by permission.