O Lord, grant the king a long life (William Child)
- Editor: Richard Shakeshaft (submitted 2023-02-20). Score information: A4 Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: A preview is available, but name and email are required to download complete free licensed copies.
- Editor: Christopher Shaw (submitted 2018-08-23). Score information: A4, 5 pages, 68 kB Copyright: Personal
- Edition notes: Includes a keyboard reduction of the a cappella choral score. Please click on the link for preview/playback/PDF download. Edition prepared from the Tudway collection.
- Editor: James Gibb (submitted 2016-09-13). Score information: A4, 3 pages, 71 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: From Cathedral Music, Volume 2 (William Boyce). Clefs modernised.
Title: O Lord, grant the king a long life
Composer: William Child
Lyricist: Book of Common Prayer 1662 (adapted)
First published: c.1715 in manuscript
2nd published: 1768 in Cathedral Music, Volume 2, p. 87
Description: Probably composed for the coronation of Charles II (1662). Recorded as used at the coronation of George II (1727). Less specifically, the text was also used liturgically to mark the anniversary of the sovereign's accession.
Original text and translations
Original text and translations may be found at O Lord, grant the king a long life.