Misero te, non vedi (Benedetto Pallavicino)
- Editor: Gerhard Weydt (submitted 2020-12-01). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 272 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: transposed down a fourth. Slighty revised version (not affecting music and text underlay) stored 2022-06-15.
- Editor: Gerhard Weydt (submitted 2020-12-01). Score information: A4, 10 pages, 282 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Slighty revised version (not affecting music and text underlay) stored 2022-06-15.
Title: Misero te, non vedi
Composer: Benedetto Pallavicino
Number of voices: 5vv Voicings: SSATB or SSTTB
Genre: Secular, Madrigal
Instruments: A cappella
First published: 1584 in Madrigali a 5 voci, libro 2, no. 13 & 14
2nd published: 1590 in Gemmae musicalis Liber Tertius, no. 48
Description: Pallavicino uses "Augenmusik" (eye music), only visible to the performers in the original prints, to illustrate the text "son di varii color formata e tinta", see the editions #61736 and #61737 for details.
Some voices have a wide range, the most extreme is the tenore, which ranges from d to a in the first part, which would fit a tenor, and from g to c in the second, which would fit an alto. As Pallavicino also used chiavette, an edition transposed down a fourth is provided (#61737), which should be suitable for MsSTBarB.
Original text and translations
Misero te, non vedi ch‘io son finta,
Unglückseliger, siehst du nicht, dass ich künstlich bin,
Wretched you, don’t you see, that I am fictive,
- Posted in December 2020
- Gerhard Weydt editions
- Benedetto Pallavicino compositions
- 5-part choral music
- Secular music
- Works in Italian
- A cappella
- 1584 works
- 1590 works
- Italian texts
- German translations
- Translations with attribution
- English translations
- Sheet music
- Renaissance music