Giacomo Antonio Perti
Alias: Jacopo Antonio Perti
Born: 6 June 1661
Died: 10 April 1756
Biography: Perti was an Italian composer of the Baroque era. He was mainly active at Bologna, where he was Maestro di Cappella for sixty years. He was the teacher of Giuseppe Torelli and Giovanni Battista Martini.
View the Wikipedia article on Giacomo Antonio Perti.
List of choral works
Perti's extant church compositions number in the 100's. A large number of oratorios and operas appear to be lost.
- Adoramus te, Christe I
- Adoramus te, Christe II
- Adoramus te, Christe III
- Dies irae
- Inno e responsi pel santo Natale a 4 voci con violini
- Inter vestibulum et altare
- Magnificat in D
- Messa a quatro
- O magnum mysterium
- Magnificat in D major, No. 13 withdrawn ed.
Click here to search for this composer on CPDL
- Cantate morali e spirituali, 1–2vv, vn, op.1 (Bologna, 1688)
- Messa e salmi concertati a quattro voci, Op.2a(Bologna, 1735) at the Petrucci Music Library (IMSLP)
- 7 canzonette in aria marmoresca sopra le 7 principali feste di Nostra Signora (Bologna, 1780)