De profundis a 5 (Josquin des Prez)
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2021-04-24). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 349 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: Transposed a minor third higher (for SATTB), otherwise identical to CPDL #64185 below.
- Editor: Andrew Fysh (submitted 2021-04-24). Score information: A4, 8 pages, 344 kB Copyright: CC BY SA
- Edition notes: At original notated pitch (for ATTBB). Original note values retained; tripla sections presented in mensural noteheads, for ease of reading against other parts in duple time. Transcribed and edited from the 1521 printed source and the Vatican and Kassel handcopied manuscripts listed below (further detail may be found in the Editorial Notes), with editorial corrections acknowledged.
- (Posted 2018-02-15) CPDL #48832:
- Original pitch (C): - Second voice (Contratenor primus) in tenor clef.
- Transposed up a minor third (E flat): - Second voice (Contratenor primus) in treble clef.
- Editor: Pothárn Imre (submitted 2018-02-15). Score information: A4, 6 pages, 112 kB Copyright: CPDL
- Edition notes: Transcribed from Das Chorwerk, Heft 57. Mensurstrich layout. Note values halved (as they are in the Das Chorwerk edition).
First published: c.1521 in Antico, Motetti libro secondo (4–5vv) (RISM /4)
Manuscript before 1550? in Universitäts-, Landes- und Murhardsche Bibliothek der Stadt Kassel, 4° Ms. Mus. 24
Manuscript 1563 in Cappella Sistina MS 38, no. 26
2nd published: 1956 in Das Chorwerk, no. 57.3
Description: The setting of the psalm 130 (De profundis) with verses of the Requiem mass added at the end of the work. 3 voices out of the 5 (Superius, Contratenor primus and Tenor) sing a canon throughout the work.
Original text and translations
| Latin text
De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine:
| English translation|
Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord: