Confitebor tibi (Offertory)
Offertory for Passion Sunday (now called Lent V). The text may be drawn mostly from Psalm 118 (119):7,17,25b (as the Gregorian Missal suggests). The opening line, however, does not correspond to Psalm 118 in the Vulgate or other versions (see WP for more on Latin Psalters); the opening line's exact wording is found in other psalms, e.g. Psalm 110 (111) or Psalm 137 (138).
There is another Offertory for Feast of the Most Holy Name, Confitebor tibi, Domine Deus meus.
Settings by composers
- Giovanni Battista Casali SATB
- Giovanni Paolo Cima SATB with bc.
- Orlando di Lasso SATB
- Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina SATTB
- Josef Rheinberger SATTB
Other settings possibly not included in the manual list above
- Heinrich Biber — Confitebor, C. 14
- Gregorian chant — Confitebor tibi
- Jeffrey Quick — Confitebor tibi Domine
Text and translations
110:1a Confitebor tibi, Domine, in toto corde meo.
111:1a I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart,